Major League Soccer has found a true home in North Carolina. Not only did Charlotte FC break the MLS attendance record when 74,479 showed up at Bank of America Stadium for the inaugural home game in 2022, but the team drew over 35,000 a game all season long. That meant Charlotte finished second to only Atlanta United on the 2022 MLS attendance leaders list.
With retail sports betting now available at tribal casinos in the state and online sportsbooks likely coming soon, Charlotte FC should prove popular at both live and virtual betting windows all over North Carolina. MLS betting and Charlotte FC odds are most certainly an exciting addition to what local sportsbooks offer.
Here’s a look at what kind of odds are available on Charlotte FC, which websites and betting apps are the best for betting on MLS action, and how you can get a bet down on Charlotte FC when the top online sportsbooks eventually come to North Carolina.
Today’s Charlotte FC odds: moneylines, spreads and totals
How to bet on Charlotte FC games in North Carolina
Betting on Charlotte FC games online will be easy once North Carolina’s first online and mobile sportsbooks go live. Here’s all you need to do:
- Sign up for an account with a legal and licensed North Carolina online sportsbook.
- Make a deposit into your North Carolina online sportsbook account.
- Log in, fill out a bet slip, and place your bet.
How to sign up
You’ll need to sign up for an account with a North Carolina online sports betting site before you can bet on Charlotte FC. Let’s break down that process in slightly greater detail.
- Go to the website for your chosen North Carolina online sportsbook.
- Start the sign-up process on the site or download its mobile app.
- Fill out the registration forms with your personal and account information, including things like your name, the last four digits of your SSN and your email.
- If you see a space for a NC sportsbook promo code or bonus code, grab it from us and plug it in there.
- Accept any and all terms and conditions.
How to make a deposit
You’ll have to deposit money into your North Carolina online sportsbook account to bet on anything. Here’s how that process breaks down.
- Log into your account.
- Find the cashier.
- Choose the best method of deposit for you, either credit and debit cards, online banking services, payment processors like PayPal, or cash at affiliated retail sportsbooks and casinos.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Follow the prompts.
How to place a bet
You’ll need to fill out a bet slip to place your Charlotte FC bets. Here’s how that works.
- Log in and browse through the Charlotte FC betting odds.
- Click on any odds you like, and a bet slip will automatically generate.
- Add more single bets to the slip and choose where to leave them as individuals or combine the bets into a parlay.
- Enter the amount you want to wager on each bet.
- Check to make sure the potential payout info looks good, and click to confirm and place all bets.
Charlotte FC betting lines explained
Standard Charlotte FC game lines include moneylines, spreads and totals.
Charlotte FC moneyline bet
|Moneyline||Home Win||Draw||Away Win|
|Atlanta United @ Charlotte FC||-125||+275||+175|
As you can see, soccer moneyline betting is three-way betting, meaning there are three possible outcomes. That’s because MLS regular-season games might end in a draw. The three listed outcomes are Home Win, Away Win, or Draw. You pick one of the outcomes and bet on it at the currently posted odds. These odds are locked when you place your bet, even though they might change ahead of the game’s start.
You get paid at the odds as posted when you placed your bet if you pick the correct outcome. In this example from DraftKings Sportsbook, you’ll win $100 plus your bet back for every $125 you bet on Charlotte FC as long as they win.
Charlotte FC point spread bet
|Atlanta United @ Charlotte FC||-1.5 (-115)||+1.5 (-115)|
Charlotte FC spread betting works like spread betting in other sports. That means a line is set and must be factored into the final score to determine a winner. MLS games are low-scoring, which means MLS spreads are low. A standard 1.5-goal line is often set with close to even odds on both sides.
Here, you can bet on Charlotte at -1.5 (-115) at home against Atlanta. You’ll win if Charlotte wins by two or more and get paid $100, plus your original bet back, for every $115 bet. You’ll lose the bet if Charlotte loses, the game ends in a tie, or Charlotte wins by just one goal. Alternative spreads at different odds may also be available.
Charlotte FC totals bet
|Atlanta United @ Charlotte FC||2.5 (-110)||2.5 (-110)|
Totals are bets on the final combined score in a game and whether it ends up over or under a specific line. These lines are generally small because MLS games are low-scoring. In this example from FanDuel Sportsbook, you can bet over or under 2.5 goals at -110 odds. You’ll earn $100 and your bet back for every $100 you bet on either side. The over wins if the teams combine to score three goals or more. The under wins if the teams combine to score two goals or fewer.
Charlotte FC live and prop betting
Go beyond moneylines, spreads and totals with Charlotte FC live betting and props. There are both team and player props that include markets like:
- Team scoring first
- Team scoring last
- No scoring (NG)
- Both teams scoring (GG)
- Total red and yellow cards issued
- Total corners awarded
- Exact score
- Exact number of goals
- Odd or even totals
- Double Chance Moneyline (Win or Tie)
- Tie No Bet (Two-way moneyline)
Live betting entails wagering on standard game lines and props during a game. These odds change with the action on the pitch. Standard game lines are available live, along with additional live props.
Where does Charlotte FC play?
- Name: Bank of America Stadium
- Address: 800 South Mint Street
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Owner: City of Charlotte
- Operator: Panthers Stadium LLC
- Capacity: 74,867 (38,000 lower bowl only for MLS)
- Ground breaking: April 22, 1994
- Opening date: August 3, 1996
- Construction cost: $248 million
- Other tenants: Carolina Panthers (NFL), Duke’s Mayo Bowl (NCAA), Duke’s Mayo Classic (NCAA)
Brief Charlotte FC history
Charlotte FC is owned by David Tepper, the billionaire hedge fund manager who also owns the Carolina Panthers NFL team.
Tepper was awarded the expansion franchise in 2019, and Charlotte FC started playing in the 2022 MLS season. The team plays at Bank of America Stadium, where it set the MLS attendance record by drawing 74,479 to its inaugural home match in 2022.
Charlotte hired Miguel Ángel Ramírez as its first head coach, but he was fired 14 games into the season as Charlotte tied for eighth in the Eastern Conference and out of the playoff picture. Assistant coach Christian Lattanzio took over from there, and the team finished its inaugural season with a record of 3-18-3.
Lattanzio will continue as head coach in 2023. With 10 goals, Polish striker Karol Świderski was Charlotte FC’s leading scorer in 2022. However, the team acquired forward Enzo Copetti from Argentine Primera División side Racing Club in the offseason. They are hoping the winger can contribute a number of goals after scoring 19 in 40 games with Racing Club in 2022.
Charlotte FC FAQ
Billionaire hedge fund manager and Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper owns Charlotte FC.
Austrian left-back Christian Fuchs was the Charlotte FC captain in 2022. However, he retired from professional soccer in January 2023. It remains to be seen who will wear the captain’s armband for Charlotte in 2023. Newly acquired defender Ashley Westwood held the honor during the preseason.
Ticket prices for Charlotte FC games start as low as $16, although the average ticket price is $166.
Charlotte FC has played only one season and did not make the MLS Cup Playoffs.
The MLS expansion team fee was $325 million, but after one season, Charlotte FC already ranks 10th among 28 MLS teams with an estimated value of $625 million.
Charlotte FC’s official Twitter account is @CharlotteFC. It features the tagline ‘For The Carolinas. #ForTheCrown.’ Charlotte FC joined Twitter in November 2019 and has just under 80,000 followers.
Sign up for MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, and you can stream every regular-season, playoff, and Leagues Cup match for free. Those inside the Charlotte FC broadcast area can also stream the game for free at charlottefootballclub.com/live.