If you’re a fan of football betting, you likely know that NFL regular-season win totals are some of the most popular futures bets you can make. This bet focuses on the win/loss records of specific NFL teams.
The objective of the NFL win total bet is simple: predict whether an NFL team will end the regular season with more or fewer wins than the predicted total by North Carolina online sportsbooks.
NFL win totals odds
Below, see a comprehensive list of NFL win totals betting odds from legal online sportsbooks in North Carolina (when available). Click on any of the odds to visit the sportsbook, sign up for a new account and begin betting.
Which sportsbooks offer NFL win totals?
DraftKings Sportsbook NC
- Huge range of betting options for the NFL regular season and playoffs, including NFL win totals
- Huge DraftKings welcome bonus for new players
- Frequent promotions and odds boosts for existing bettors
- Bonuses like a $200 bonus for a $5 successful bet during the NFL season
FanDuel Sportsbook NC
- Competitive odds for NFL win totals
- User-friendly betting app
- Welcome bonus for new accounts
- Regular promotions for existing bettors
- FanDuel‘s previous promotions during the NFL season include parlay insurance, which pays back up to $25 for a lost leg in a parlay bet
BetMGM Sportsbook NC
- Competitive odds for all bet types, including NFL over/under win totals
- Easy account funding and withdrawals
- 24/7 customer service
- Welcome bonus for new players
- BetMGM has previously run a promo offering a $10 live bonus bet for any player who wagered $25 or more on a single-game NFL parlay
Caesars Sportsbook NC
- Often more favorable odds for NFL win totals bets
- Wide variety of deposit and cashout options
- Welcome bonus for new players
- Exceptional customer service
- Caesars has previously run a “Bet $20, Get $200” promo during the NFL season
How NFL win totals work
Win totals are over/under wagers on the number of wins a team is expected to earn during the NFL’s regular season. Your task is to decide whether the team will exceed or fall below that prediction.
- Carolina Panthers Over/Under 7.5
Here, the oddsmakers predict the Panthers’ regular-season wins at 7.5. To make a winning bet, you must determine if the team will have more than 7.5 wins (eight or more) or fewer (7 or fewer).
NFL win total odds are usually released soon after the Super Bowl, sparking off-season discussions among oddsmakers and experts as lines are being set in sportsbooks across the country.
NFL win totals betting: three essential tips
There are many tips, tricks and hints available for bettors looking to improve their NFL win totals betting. Here, we’ll highlight three key factors to consider.
These tips should help guide your decisions, but we recommend developing your own NFL win totals strategies based on what works best for you. Don’t be afraid to experiment and make changes as needed.
- Previous season: Look at how the team performed last year. Consider factors such as player turnover, retirements, injuries and coaching changes. How might these aspects impact team performance?
- Offseason: Observe any changes the team makes during the offseason, such as acquiring new talent through the NFL Draft or trading/releasing players. Pay attention to how these moves impact the team’s dynamic and outlook.
- Preseason: Focus on how new members of the team perform during the preseason games. Look for signs of confidence, mental errors and strong performances. Gather information to help inform your decision.
For early bettors, only the previous season is a reliable factor. The betting odds will continue to shift as new information becomes available, so waiting until the picture becomes clearer before betting can increase accuracy and minimize risk.
When is the best time to bet on NFL win totals?
If you’re betting early, the only information you’ll have to work with is the team’s previous performance. While there’s a risk involved, early betting also provides an opportunity to find good value.
On the other hand, betting later will give you more information to work with, but the sportsbooks will have that same information and may have adjusted their odds accordingly.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to bet early or late comes down to weighing the risks and potential rewards. Take the time to analyze the team’s performance and gather as much information as possible to make an informed decision.
Who sets NFL win totals?
The oddsmakers at each sportsbook set team win totals along with the lines. Bettors must decide if they believe the team will exceed or fall short of that mark.
Odds are assigned to each side of the bet and are represented by a number with either a negative (-) or a positive (+) sign next to it. The negative sign indicates the amount a bettor must risk to win $100, while the positive sign represents the amount of money a bettor will earn for each $100 they place on the bet.
Payouts are determined by the amount of your wager and the posted odds when you finalized your bet slip at a legal online North Carolina sports betting site.
More NFL futures odds
As a resident of the state, you can place bets on various NFL odds markets, including:
- Super Bowl winner odds
- Division champion
- Regular-season win totals
- Teams to make the playoffs
- NFL MVP
- NFL Rookie of the Year
Aside from team-specific futures, NFL draft picks are also a popular NFL betting market, particularly wagering on who will be the first overall pick.
Is the NFL the only sport for betting season win totals?
No, most popular sports in North America, such as the NBA, MLB, NCAA football and basketball, and the NHL, will have plenty of opportunities to bet on season win totals or similar markets. That said, the timeline for sportsbooks posting these win totals can vary.
For MLB fans, season win totals tend to be released early, due to the sport’s comparatively stable performance and a higher level of confidence from oddsmakers. On the other hand, NBA lines for season win totals are released much later, after free agency and the NBA Draft have come to a close.
The NHL has a different approach to futures betting, with bettors wagering on regular-season points scored by teams, instead of wins and losses. It’s important to keep in mind that overtime losses happen frequently in the NHL, so researching and considering this factor is important when making wagers.