PrizePicks North Carolina has introduced Demons and Goblins multipliers to its fantasy sports mobile app, effective immediately. This new feature offers players more potential for winnings with multipliers up to 100X.
Among the NC daily fantasy sports operators, PrizePicks is a unique mobile offering. Consumers can make predictions on player or game performance and submit those as “entries.” Each entry is similar to a sports bet. PrizePicks is one of the few ways fans in the state can “bet” on the Super Bowl legally in North Carolina before the scheduled launch of sports betting on March 11.
What are Demons and Goblins in PrizePicks?
A multiplier impacts the chances of winning your wager by increasing or decreasing your payouts.
This is how PrizePicks describes its new demons and goblins:
- Squares marked with a red demon are harder to win but qualify for entry for higher payouts, which can be as much as 100X the payout. To activate the demon, simply choose MORE on your demon square.
- Squares marked with a green goblin are easier to win but result in lower payout multipliers. This means your chances for a win are heightened, but you will win less than other win
ning squares. To activate the green goblin, pick MORE on the goblin’s square.
Your higher payout multiplier will depend on your entry and your selections.
For example, not all entries will qualify for a 100X payout. To see the multiplier payout if you won, add your squares and mark them as demons. The combination (and how many squares you have in your entry) will impact the multiplier odds.
It’s simple to take advantage of the demons and goblins features in PrizePicks, but you must adhere to the rules:
Rules on using demons and goblins multiplier
- Players can add as many demons or goblins as they want to an entry, essentially the same as a betting slip.
- You can add BOTH a demon and a goblin to your entry.
- You may also add either or both demons and goblins and combine them with unmarked projections (square picks). So your entry can look like this: 1 demon square, 1 goblin square, and 2 regular squares.
- Demons and goblins cannot be used with a PrizePicks promotion offer.
When will online sports betting launch in North Carolina?
PrizePicks serves as a sports betting stand-in for NC bettors interested in wagering on the Super Bowl. However, NC sports bettors don’t have long to wait before they can download NC sports betting apps and place legal online sports bets in North Carolina.
Beginning on March 1, North Carolina residents 21 and older can begin downloading apps and setting up accounts. While they won’t be able to place their first legal bets until 12 p.m. on March 11, they can peruse the various NC sports betting promos offered by different apps and read the responsible gambling content of each app. NCSharp recommends that, before doing anything else, all bettors should make their chosen app’s responsible gambling pages required reading.