North Carolina sportsbook promos are right around the corner. The country’s leading online sportsbooks will offer large sign-up bonuses when they launch in North Carolina on March 11.
You can also claim pre-launch offers worth up to $200 by registering with leading NC sports betting sites such as DraftKings and FanDuel before the big day.
North Carolina sportsbook promo codes coming at launch
FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM, and Bet365 are some of the famous North Carolina online sportsbooks.
The state has issued 11 master licenses to pro sports teams, golf courses, NASCAR tracks, and organizations like the PGA Tour. Each master licensee can host a single online sportsbook. For example, the Charlotte Hornets will host Bet365, and Charlotte Motor Speedway will host BetMGM.
These are the top six sportsbooks expected to launch on Day 1, and the welcome bonuses they are likely to provide:
|Bet $5, Get $150
|Click to Claim
|Bet $5, Get $1,000, plus $50 bonus bet and 20% deposit match up to $1,000
|Click to Claim
|First Bet on Caesars up to $1,000
|First Bet Offer up to $1,500
|Bet $5, Get $150, or First Bet Safety Net up to $1,000
|Click to Claim
Pre-launch bonuses in North Carolina
North Carolina online sportsbooks can begin pre-registering customers on March 1. You will often be given a compelling incentive to pre-register with a particular sportsbook.
For example, DraftKings rolled out a $200 pre-launch bonus before online sports betting began in Vermont in January 2024. Meanwhile, FanDuel offered customers in Vermont a $100 pre-registration bonus. Similar offers should be available in North Carolina.
NC sports betting promos explained
Our experts have identified the top five NC sports betting promos. You can sign up with as many NC online sportsbooks as you like, which allows you to claim multiple welcome bonuses.
FanDuel North Carolina welcome bonus
FanDuel North Carolina is offering new customers a Bet $5, Get Get $150 welcome bonus. These are the key terms and conditions to consider:
- You simply need to sign up and place a $5 bet on any sporting event to qualify.
- If your $5 bet wins, you will be paid in cash.
- You will receive Get $150 in guaranteed bonus bets, regardless of whether your $5 bet wins, pushes, or loses.
- The Get $150 will have a 1x playthrough requirement, which must be completed within seven days.
- You can use the Get $150 on a single bet or split it into as many smaller wagers as you like. Any winnings you earn will be paid in withdrawable cash
How the Bet $5, Get Get $150 FanDuel North Carolina offer works for you
You do not need a FanDuel NC promo code to claim the offer. This sign-up bonus only requires you to risk $5 of your own money to earn Get $150 in guaranteed bonus credits. You can split the bonus credits into multiple bets, which allows you to spread out your risk. Just play them through a single time, and any winnings you earn will go into your cash balance.
DraftKings North Carolina welcome bonus
DraftKings North Carolina is offering a three-part welcome promo. You will receive a $50 bonus bet, a Bet $5, Get $1,000 offer, and a 20% deposit match bonus of up to $1,000, taking the total promo to a maximum of $2,050.
- Get a $50 bonus bet when you sign up and make a deposit of $5 or more.
- The bonus bet will have a 1x rollover requirement. You can use it to place a $50 wager on any sports event, and if you win, your profits will be paid in cash.
- Place a $5 bet on any game to qualify for the Bet $5, Get $1,000 bonus. If it wins, you will be paid in cash. You will also get $1,000 in bonus bets, irrespective of whether your $5 wager wins, loses, or pushes.
- The funds will be divided into eight $25 bonus bets. Place eight $25 wagers, and you can then cash out any winnings you earn.
- DraftKings will also match 20% of your first deposit with locked bonus credits, up to a limit of $1,000. They have a 25x release requirement, meaning $1 will be unlocked for every $25 you wager.
- See our Terms and Conditions section below for more on this offer and other important T&C information.
How the DraftKings Sportsbook NC welcome offer works for you
You do not need a DraftKings NC promo code to receive this offer. This bonus works well for sports bettors who have a modest budget. You just need to sign up, make a $5 deposit, and wager it on any game. DraftKings will then give you a $50 bonus bet and eight $25 bonus bets, all with a 1x playthrough requirement.
Caesars Sportsbook North Carolina welcome bonus
Caesars Sportsbook NC will give you up to $1,000 back as a bonus bet if your first sports wager loses. This is a simple promo, and these are the key terms:
- Sign up, make a deposit, and bet $10 or more on any game to qualify.
- If it wins, you will be paid in cash.
- If your bet loses, you will be reimbursed with a bonus bet, up to a limit of $1,000.
- The bonus bet will have a 1x rollover requirement, which must be completed within 14 days of receipt.
- You cannot break it up into smaller wagers. Just place a single bet, and you can keep any winnings you earn
How the first bet offer at Caesars Sportsbook NC works for you
Make sure you use the Caesars NC promo code SHARPBET1000 on sign up. This bonus provides you with a degree of insurance when you place your first sports bet. You will get the money back as a bonus wager if you lose, giving you a second chance to pick a winner.
BetMGM North Carolina welcome bonus
BetMGM’s flagship welcome bonus is worth up to $1,500. These are the main terms and conditions:
- Place a bet worth $10 or more to qualify, and you will be paid in cash if it wins.
- If you lose, you will get the money back in bonus credits, up to a limit of $1,500.
- Rebates of less than $50 will be paid as a single bonus bet. Larger rebates will be split into five. For example, if you lose a $1,500 wager, BetMGM will give you five $300 bonus bets in return.
- Each bonus bet has a 1x playthrough requirement, which must be satisfied within seven days. Any profits earned will be paid in withdrawable cash.
How the BetMGM NC sign-up offer works for you
Make sure to use the BetMGM NC bonus code SHARP to claim this promo. The BetMGM welcome bonus is similar to the Caesars Sportsbook offer. However, rebates of more than $50 are split into five bonus bets, which allows you to spread out your risk. BetMGM also sometimes provides Bet & Get welcome bonuses to compete with FanDuel and DraftKings at key times of the year.
Bet365 North Carolina welcome bonus
Bet365 North Carolina will give you a choice of two welcome bonuses. You can select a Bet $5, Get $150 offer, or you can opt for up to $1,000 back in bonus bets if your first wager loses.
- If you claim the Bet $5, Get $150 bonus, place a $5 qualifying wager on a sporting event of your choice. The bet must be placed at odds of -500 or longer.
- Bet365 will pay you in cash if the $5 bet wins. You will receive the $150 in bonus bets even if the $5 bet loses or pushes, as they are guaranteed.
- Your $150 in bonus funds will have a 1x playthrough requirement. Bet365 allows you to split them into multiple bets or use them in one lump sum.
- Make sure you complete the playthrough requirement within seven days, and you can then withdraw any winnings you earn.
- If you claim the First Bet Safety Net offer, place a wager worth up to $1,000 on any sport. You will be paid cash if you win.
- Bet365 will reimburse you with bonus credits if you lose. The bonus credits have a 1x rollover requirement, and you can divide them up any way you deem fit. Just play them through within seven days, and any winnings will go into your cash balance.
How the Bet365 NC offers works for you
Use the Bet365 NC promo code to claim this promo. The Bet $5, Get $150 is an appealing offer, as you can risk $5 to claim a guaranteed $150 in bonus credits. The 1x wagering requirement is straightforward, and you have the flexibility to place multiple bets with the funds. For example, you could place 10 separate $15 wagers at odds of -110, and only one of them would need to win for you to earn an overall profit.
Alternatively, you can claim the First Bet Safety Net sign-up bonus. This offer is similar to the welcome bonuses at BetMGM and Caesars Sportsbook, but it is larger, and it comes with more flexible wagering requirements.
What are the most common bonus types for new bettors?
Here are some other bonus types you may run across at online sportsbooks in North Carolina.
Deposit match bonuses: A bonus that’s a percentage of your initial deposit up to 100%. You have to make a deposit, and there will be limits. Plus, you’ll need to meet a playthrough requirement by betting the amount of the bonus a certain number of times before it is yours. Look for the highest match percentages, highest limits and lowest wagering requirements.
No deposit bonuses: A bet credit that you receive just for signing up at a sportsbook; there’s no need to make a deposit. These are usually small, making it hard to win big.
Bet and get: Bigger payouts on a small bet, and sometimes you don’t even have to win to receive the reward. Sportsbooks often pay these in bonus bets, which means only winnings if you win with them.
Popular promotions at NC online sportsbooks
Profit boosts: Better than the normal payouts on certain bets. Sportsbooks may offer league-specific profit boosts regularly, but these offer value only when your bet wins.
Insurance: A refund in bonus bets against certain losses. Parlay insurance, overtime insurance and third- or fourth-quarter insurance all offer refunds when you come close. Again, the refunds generally take the form of bonus bets.
Pools and contests: Free-to-enter betting pools and sponsored contests with cash or betting credits as prizes.
How to use a sportsbook bonus code
Codes can unlock some of the new-player bonuses we went over above, as well as sports betting bonus offers at other online sportsbooks. Once online sports betting in North Carolina goes live, we’ll list various bonus and promo codes on this page.
All you’ll have to do is fill in the bonus code field with that info when the sportsbook prompts you during sign-up. The sportsbook will do the rest. Here are a couple of examples:
|Promo or Bonus Code
What are bonus bets, and how do they work?
Some of the sportsbook promos above mention “bonus bets.” These are credits you can use to bet at the sportsbook, but they are not withdrawable on their own. Win with a bonus bet, and you’ll get the winnings but not the amount of your wager back as you normally would.
Bonus bets and other similar credits usually have a shelf life, which means they won’t work on most futures bets. Look to use them on single-game bets, but avoid big favorites because you can only collect the winnings.
What is bet insurance, and how does it work?
Bet insurance is a promo that online sportsbooks use quite often. Here’s how it works.
- Place a certain type of bet according to the terms of the offer (such as your first bet as a new customer at that sportsbook).
- If that bet loses, you’ll get a refund, generally in the form of a bonus bet or bonus bets.
This is more of a limited second chance than a refund because the refund is something that you will need to wager and subsequently win with to see any benefit. Plus, if your bonus bet wins, you receive only the profit from the wager, not your original bet amount. You may also find sportsbooks offering insurance if you lose a parlay by just one leg.
Most of the time, there’s no risk in claiming such a promotion if you were planning to place the bet anyway. It’s simply a bit of insurance for your bet that could give you a return on what would otherwise be an immediate loss.
Terms and conditions for sports betting bonus offers
There’s always a catch or at least something you need to do to get your hands on a sportsbook promo or bonus. Read the fine print, including every term and condition, for any sportsbook promotion or bonus. The terms and conditions should include the following:
- What playthrough requirements you must meet, if any. This simply means, how much you must wager of your own money before you can withdraw a bonus offer. Playthrough requirements, also called rollover requirements, are represented as multipliers: 2X, 5X, 10X.
- For example, a promo offering a $200 bonus bet with a 5X playthrough requirement means a customer must wager 5 x $200, or $1,000 of their own money before they can withdraw the bonus offer.
- The bets that qualify for the bonus.
- Parlays and odds-boosted bets often do not qualify for bonus offers.
- Any minimum or maximum odds that you’ll need to know.
- Bonuses typically require certain odds. For example, DraftKings’ bonus offer requires -300 odds or longer to trigger the bonus.
- How long you have to meet the playthrough requirement.
- This could be a few days, a week, or more than a month.
- What form refunds take (cash, site credit, bonus bets).
Understanding DraftKings Sportsbook’s playthrough requirement
DraftKings presents a good opportunity to practice some terms and conditions interpretation skills.
The bonus offer reads:
New customers, get a deposit bonus up to $1000 in DK dollars (DraftKings site credits) when you deposit $5.
The bonus reward is equal to 20% of a customer’s deposit. Here’s what that looks like for a $100 and a $1,000 deposit:
-$100 deposit X 20% = $20 DK dollars
– $5,000 X 20% = $1,000 DK dollars (The max bonus)
However, it’s not as simple as depositing funds and receiving site credits. Say you deposit $5,000 and earn the maximum bonus of $1,000 DK dollars. Your account will not immediately reflect $6,000. DraftKings will give you those DK dollars based on how much you wager on their site.
For every $25 you wager, you will release $1 DK dollar into your account. Here’s what that looks like after wagering $100, $1,000 and $25,000.
- $100 wagered earns $4 DK dollars.
- $1,000 wagered earns $40 DK dollars.
- $25,000 wagered earns $1,000 DK dollars.
As it turns out, depositing $5,000 does not get you anywhere near realizing $1,000 DK dollars. The DK dollars are not awarded until you bet with DraftKings.
So, now that you’ve wagered money and earned DK dollars, can you withdraw them? Believe it or not, you can’t. There’s the playthrough requirement. Luckily, it’s only a 1x playthrough requirement.
This explanation comes from the DraftKings T&C page:
“For example, if you place a wager with $5 DK Dollars at +100 odds and win, you will receive a total of $10 in cash. Your $5 DK Dollars stake will be converted to cash, and you will receive your winnings as $5 cash.”
The final piece to the puzzle is the playthrough requirement time limit. A player has 90 days or 2,160 hours to play through their DK dollars and cash out their winnings.
Not as simple as the initial offer indicates, right? That’s why understanding T&C regulations should be required reading for all NC sports bettors.
Sports betting bonuses FAQ
The maximum will vary from sportsbook to sportsbook. Additionally, the absolute maximum dollar figure may not be the most important information for you, depending on what you are looking for in a bonus. Caesars Sportsbook, for instance, offers a bonus of up to $1,250, but that is only if you lose your first bet. The refund you receive is in the form of a bonus bet, meaning you would need to wager it and win to receive any benefit.
A sportsbook’s welcome bonus is almost always limited to one per person. However, there’s no limit on how many sportsbooks you can sign up for, other than the total number of legal online sportsbooks in your state.
Playthrough requirements, a.k.a. wagering requirements, stipulate how much you need to wager to translate a sports betting bonus (such as a deposit matching bonus) into withdrawable cash. Sportsbooks usually express this as a multiple of the bonus amount, such as 25x.
Many sportsbook bonus offers allow you to bet on anything you want. Just look at the terms and conditions to check whether the sportsbook excludes a specific sport or type of bet.
You can cash winnings from bonus money out like any other winnings as long as you’ve met the wagering requirements.
If there is, the sportsbook will list the maximum in the terms and conditions of the bonus.